Wednesday 12 April 2023

Why You Should Always Ask the Holy Spirit for Help


Why You Should Always Ask the Holy Spirit for Help
Romans 8:26 KJV
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
                                                      

Asking for help

Introduction

One of the principal ministries or duties of the Holy Spirit is the ministry of help - to help the children of God.

Romans 8:26 above clearly and rightly alluded to the fact the humans have infirmities, not the infirmity of sickness and ill health, but that of human limitations and incapabilities. And it is the responsibility of the Holy Spirit to help us out of those limitations; though, the Holy Spirit also helps us out of sicknesses, as well.

The plural form of the word infirmity in the scripture above, which the Holy Spirit is to help us out of, shows that the help which we can get from the Holy Spirit is without limit. It covers all aspect of human life: prayer, examination, interview, giving response, office duty, cooking in kitchen, and more.

But the problem with man, especially the children of God, is that we rarely ask the Holy Spirit for help, thereby making Him incapacitated in performing His official duty. However, much more than that, we deny ourselves the opportunity to achieve great deals of result by asking for help from the only One that can render true help in the time of need.

My testimonies asking Holy Spirit for Help.
One secret I have always benefited from is that of asking Holy Spirit for help. 
There is no single time I have asked him for help that He has never helped me. I repeat, no single occasion.

                                                          Asking for Help  

Let me recount some few instances.
Examination
Few months ago, I had two online examinations to write at barely one week interval to each other. I had read and prepared very well for the examinations.

During the first examination, I realized that the first five questions were strange to me and didn't know the correct answers to them. That made me lose courage. Fear set in. And I began to think I might fail the examination.

Then, I asked for help with a simple prayer: Holy Spirit, help me in Jesus name. Almost immediately, I heard a whisper to my spirit: start the examination from the last question, upwards.

In obedience, I scrolled down to the last of the forty questions, and guess what, I knew the answer. I attempted the question before that one as well and I knew the answer. By the time I got to the first few questions that I left at the beginning, I had gotten enough tips to answer them correctly. I passed that examination with 85% score.

For the second examination, it was one day to the examination that I got to know the syllabus had been changed. There was nothing much I could do by that time. At the examination, many questions asked were based on the updated syllabus. I began to ask Holy Spirit for help and was reading the questions slowly. I passed the examination by scoring 850 out the maximum 1000.

As I stepped out of the second examination jubilating for the success, I heard another whisper in my spirit: can you see any similarity in your two examinations? Then it was said to me that the Holy Spirit really helped me; each of them was an 85% score, and it was no coincidence.

To be continued.

If you are blessed by this message, Please share with others, or make comments.

Thank You.





0 comments:

Post a Comment